Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A change of heart never hurt anyone



I'm kind, generous, hilarious, beautiful, peaceful, lovable among about a million other things.
I lived the majority of my life thinking I had to please others. Thinking I had to be something I wasn't. Thinking I was doing this whole "life" thing wrong. I prayed for Jesus to change me. I prayed for Him to make me the person I thought I "should" be. As He giggled at my requests He did something I didn't expect. NOTHING. He holds the world in the palm of His hands and He did nothing. Instead of changing my outside to please "others" which would have answered my prayer. No instead of changing anything physical He changed my heart. He changed not one thing about me BUT the way I look at myself. I've always laughed off compliments, mainly because I didn't believe them. Now after a compliment I send a nod up Heaven's way and thank God for not changing me and believing my true value lies within my soul. Jesus, you get me....you get me good!

No comments: