Monday, April 21, 2014

Say yes to the splash zone


Today we moseyed on down to the Indy Zoo....marvelous. The weather was PERFECT. The animals were playing to us, their audience. And Maddux spotted out several animals pooping......the joys of having boys I suppose.

We went wanting to for sure see the dolphin show. I absolutely love this part of the zoo. Dolphins are pretty awesome by themselves but seeing one do tricks?! I'm there every. time. Maddux went into this show adamant about sitting in the "splash zone". Wrig was equally adamant about NOT sitting in the "splash zone". We ended up with a compromise.......on the top row of the "splash zone". Now friends I've been to the zoo many times and I ALWAYS sit in the splash zone and I've never walked away soaked.

For nearly 20 minutes before I was reassuring Wrigley Grace that she indeed would most likely stay "dry". I lied! Apparently the dolphin, Kimeo, is a really good "jumper" and splashed the crap out of all three of us. Maddux looked like he jumped in the shower with his clothes on. Wrig was not amused and now maintains all dolphins are stupid and refuses to ever see a dolphin show again. She's a little drama queen by the way!

Four separate times, as we waited for the show to start, a kid would be yanking his mother's hand to sit in the splash zone and they (the mothers) were like "are you crazy.....no way". Now I do a lot of things wrong, every mom does but I feel so blessed to be a mother to these three sweet babes! I always want to be the mom who says YES to the "splash zone". I want to be fun, loving, tender, kind, sweet. I want to laugh til it hurts and be there when they need me most. Life is full of "splash zones" and sometimes you get wet. Although we were all soaked we (Maddux and I) laughed so hard. Wrigley complained til her clothes dried.......and said, "I guess the splash zone isn't so bad......especially since you (Maddux and I) got really wet too."

So yes we got soaked. And yes we laughed our heads off. And yes we enjoyed the animals but more importantly each other!


I tried to get a sad face from Maddux here signifying the horrible work of Kimeo BUT he couldn't even do it, he was to jazzed up about the dolphin show. Wrig was very angry at this point.

No comments: