Thursday, July 17, 2014

Food for my soul.....

I love quotes. I liken them to food for my soul. No matter what mood I'm in, what's going on in life, words are always a comfort to me. I thought I'd share some of my favorites from this season of my life. Hope you enjoy!

You may not control all the events that happen to you, but you can decide not to be reduced by them

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have

Sometimes the wrong choices bring us to the right places

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together

New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings

All endings are also beginnings, we just don't know it at the time

The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new

Those who move forward with a happy spirit will find that things always work out

Storms make trees take deeper roots

We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned as to have the life that is waiting for us

Just because the past didn't turn out like you wanted it to doesn't mean your future can't be better than you imagined

Big things often have small beginnings

I don't forgive people because I'm weak. I forgive them because I am strong enough to understand that people make mistakes

Sometimes painful things can teach us lessons that we didn't think we needed to know

Being happy is a very personal thing and it really has nothing to do with anyone else

I am very grateful for the difficult people in my life. They have shown me exactly who I DON'T want to be

The best is yet to come

I used to believe that prayer changes things, but now I know that prayer changes us and we change things

So much has been given to me; I have no time to ponder over that which has been denied

What a wonderful thought that some of the best days of our lives haven't happened yet

One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else

Things always seem more difficult in our minds then they actually are. Luckily we can always change our mind

Be strong enough to let go and wise enough to wait for what you deserve

Life is to ironic to fully understand. It takes sadness to know what happiness is. Noise to appreciate silence and heartache to appreciate true love

God will wreak your plans when He sees that your plans are about to wreak you

Sometimes our lives have to be completely shaken up, changed, and rearranged to relocate us to the place we are meant to be

Don't be afraid to give up on the good and go for the great

It's important to make someone happy, and it's important to start with yourself

No comments: